- What is the name of your venture? Any specific reason for this name?
Our company is Nutra China ( branch of Shaanxi Ming Chemical Technology), the reason we choose NutraChina, simply because we export pure nutrition ingredients extracted from the herbal source from China, we want to contribute more for healthy, beverages and even medical industries from the globe.
- Where your venture is based (city, state, country) and what are your geographical target areas?
We are located in Shaanxi Province, Xi’an City, China, we want to expand our business all over the world possibly. Which is a historical city with much famous tourism site? As the start point of the silk road, we plan to deliver more than goods to the world but culture to the globe.
- What problems does your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
Since our business started, we offer some big food industries in Indonesia and other Europe countries, we provide them good raw materials to help them boost their products and help them expand their business. We provide the solution for beverages and health care products with natural plant-based ingredients or natural sweeteners.
- We are an organic food manufacturing company and below are our website URLs.
- Who is your targeted audience/clients?
The targeted clients are who are distributors or end manufacture looking for herbal extracts or fruit powders and other plant ingredients. Also, we are planning to make some retail finished products like natural sweeteners monk fruit extract powder and stevia extract powder for family or individual use., which can be used as a sugar substitute.
- Share the idea or story behind the venture. How did it come to an existence? What motivated you to start your own venture?
When I was a young kid, I lived in rare country, where the sky is blue, the river is clear without any pollution while when I grow up the people around me, friends or relatives or friends even all over the world they cannot eat the natural foods, they cannot enjoy the beverages with natural fruit powder made instead they just drink chemical juices, many people suffering diseases just caused by chemical additives, So I just want to build a company that we can help source more and more natural ingredients for our foods, beverages, cosmetics, and even medicine. I want more and more people to know the herbal extract ingredients and living a healthy and happy life.
- Who are your biggest competitors and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
The biggest competitor like the company in states JIAHERB INC, so far we have more than 20 leading corporated herbal ingredients manufactures, we can help our clients source just top quality products they wanted, more flexible and quality promised.
- How did you identify your co-founder? Tell us something about your co-founder.
Mr. Leo, he is my co-founder, he is not only my best friend but also a good partner, he is a good guy with a very smart mind and cool management skills, what is more, we are schoolmate since we are very young, I know his very well and he is skillful for finance issues. I do believe with our perfect cooperation our company will be more and more successful both in China and overseas.
- How did you hire your first team member? What skills do you want in your team?
The first team member I got from job hunting website, the people I want to work together is he or she must be motivated, with passion and innovation skill good at communicating. Needless to say, hiring is the biggest problem for a company, a smart team is pretty vital for the company’s growing-up.
- What expansion plans are you looking for the next 2 years, the next 5 years?
For the next 2 to 5 years we will try to archive the selling amount reached 2 million USD per year and we are thinking expand more overseas warehouses in the next 3-5 years. And besides, we are trying to find a more overseas agency who can help sell our products then we can together do something really amazing.
- Where do you want to see yourself in the next 10 years?
Hopefully, we will have more clients and have our business expanded and become the most popular supplier in China, and it would be great if we obtain some fundings from investors and we aim to create a high tech bio-chem company with our own plant and labs.
- What are your goals over the next 1, 3, 6 and 12 months?
Try my best to run the company well treat employees good to give them a sense of security. For the next 1 month we want to bring more traffic to our website then get more inquiries and for the next 3 and 6 months, we plan to hire a more professional sales team, try to build a stable, effective and productive team.
- Have you raised any funding? Or have any plans for the funding?
To be honest, so far did not raise any funding from other investors, but indeed, we need some fundings from others and aiming to make a factory-trading company with high tech industries to offer best herbal extracts to all of the clients in globally.
- What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them?
The biggest problems we are facing now is the business development, we don’t have more client to support our business, and now we still work very hard to send more samples to our potential clients for their evaluation and our team still struggling to do more EDM works such as writ more emails make phone calls to our potential clients.
- What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Personally, I am quite in listening to music and reading during my spare time. During my non-working time, I usually go to the gym to practice about three times a week. or sometimes I cook myself for me I really into cooking myself.
- What is your favorite food & holiday destination?
My favorite food is hot pot and rice because for one reason I like spicy what is more in my hometown we grow rice our own, so the rice is our main food daily and the rice we planted ourselves is absolutely clear, my really want to go places is somewhere near the sea, because I was born in the west part of China,there is no sea so I really want to spend my holidays near the seashore places.
- Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator?
My father is my idol, I still remember when I was a kid, he taught me a lot, he taught my study, my growing up, you know what? he even does not graduate from high school but I think he is my hero, in my heart, he is an absolutely a superman he is a supervisor. So what I want to be is a man just like my father. From all above what I shared, the answer is simple: my father is my idol.
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
The biggest difference between run own entrepreneurs and work for others is motivates and freedom, for my own company I can change my thinking freely I don’t need to just obey other incorrect ideas. Another side, work for my own company we may feel more motivated because the harder we work the brighter future we will have.
- How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life?
I become more confident and more motivated after I started my own business. The people around me become or respective for me. My parents just become more and happier.
- Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
Dream bigger and work harder, the rainbow always showing up after the storm, when you got a dream you gotta protect it. Start one’s own business is not easy but we have to try our best to protect our dream, to work for our dreams. There is an old saying in China, nothing is impossible with a willing heart.
- Please share complete name, address, phone number, email id & website of Your Business & Contact Person.
Mr. John Chen
No.18 Fenghui South Road, High-tech District Xi’an, China