It has been truly said that the passion for entrepreneurship is true when it is maneuvered by a desire for welfare of the people and society. Meet the Managing Director of Leken Adventure Ltd. Mr. Alex Jm Loilole
- What is the name of your venture? Any specific reason for this name?
LEKEN ADVENTURE is the name of my venture. I used word LEKEN which is my local nick name.
- Where your venture is based (city, state, country) &what are your geographical target areas?
We are Arusha, Tanzania based tour agency and our targeted market is Worldwide.
- What problems does your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
Our experts guide and educate tourists about the wildlife safaris during the tour. We offer so many safari tours including Kilimanjaro Climb, Tanzania Safari and Kenya Safaris Tours at competitive prices as compared to the other companies.
- Who are your targeted audience/clients?
Global / Worldwide
- Who are your biggest competitors and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
Zara Tours, Team Kilimanjaro, They do a bit digital marketing and depend on local travel agents while we depend on digital marketing and doing great. Our primary focus is on customer services.
- How did you identify your co-founder? Tell us something about your co-founder.
Alex JmLoilole was born into a farming family on the slopes of Mt Meru. A 2010 graduate of Kenya Utalii College, he has been leading on Kilimanjaro since 2005 and has been to the summit of Kilimanjaro over 100 times. He has completed National Outdoor Leadership School mountaineering training course on Mt. Kenya and is also Wilderness First Responder-certified. In 2008 Alex JmLoilole assisted in the Kilimanjaro film, shot in Tanzania, and also climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro round trip in 18 hours! He speaks fluent English.
- What expansion plans are you looking for the next 2 years, next 5 years? Everyday, we are improving our system, vehicles, and other stuff to create better customer experience and looking for more sales too. J
- Where do you want to see yourself in next 10 years? In Paradise
- Have you raised any funding? Or have any plans for the funding?
Sponsoring youth in education in rural areas
- What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them? Thinking about getting new customers
- What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?Finger Grossing
Net, Boxing, Karate
- What is your favorite food & holiday destination? Tilapias Fish Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator? My motivator would be my very own failures
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else? Been an entrepreneur need a bit commitment while employer is only need your care.
- How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life? Lose friends as you busy most of time
- Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs? Determination and commitment they can make a little change.
- Please share complete name, address, phone number, email id & website of Your Business & Contact Person.
LEKEN ADVENTURE LTD.
KaloleniWageni Street plot No: 6
P.o.Box 1596, Arusha, Tanzania
Tel: +255 788 455 182 / +255 753 775 849
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp +255 788 455 182 | +255 753 775 849